Working under the direction of EAA Communications Director Dick Knapinski, my team and I are in the process of collecting fun and unique stories from some of the EAA chapters across the country. If there is an interesting story from your chapter, we’d love to get it some attention from journalists in your area!
Examples of fun/unique newsworthy stories:
· Historic and/or restored aircraft being flown to AirVenture Oshkosh
· Unique or unusual aircraft being flown to Oshkosh (non-traditional aircraft or aircraft celebrating anniversary at Oshkosh)
· Chapter members mentoring the next generation of aviators (particularly if they are flying to Oshkosh)
· Chapter members who are military veterans making milestone trip to Oshkosh (e.g. 25 years)
· Individual pilots making their first trip to Oshkosh
· Unique stories showcasing women and/or people of color in aviation
· Stories relating to Vietnam 50th anniversary
Again, please keep in mind that we are looking for some sort of tie-in to AirVenture Oshkosh. If you have a great story to share (and hopefully have high-resolution photos or video to go along with it), please email me back. We look forward to hearing from you!
Austin Wojciehowski (PR for EAA)